Data centers can easily regarded as the brain of companies that run the critical processes. To have an idea about them is very important for any business looking for a hosting solution.
Data centers have large scale operations along with complex IT infrastructures where substantial amount of hardware are used. These facilities can easily regarded as server rooms. With increase in size and scale they can also be regarded as data centers. When it is the data centers, they are run by either the government agencies or the large businesses. With evolving hosting technology, data center services in India are being progressively being used for cloud solution.
When it is the data centers there are many associated aspects that need to be taken care of including all time electricity availability, protection from any kind of accident, safeguard from external influences, availability of sufficient cooling aspects, powerful hardware, and many more. Organisational measures are also there that are needed to be taken care of. Some of the most important organisational measures include periodic backups for smooth operability, extensive hardware/software solution, optimal protection, and many more.
For all these reasons you will find sturdy and well constructed building for housing servers, cables, storage devices, and internet connection. There are many more aspects associated too and they are supply of power cooling system, automatic fire extinguishing systems, and many more.
Data centers are not homogeneous in nature
When you are talking about data center services in India it must be kept in mind that there are different types of data centers available. The classification takes place on the basis of many factors. This is why the tier system is there in case of data centers and the ratings are given on the basis of ANSI or American National Standards Institute.
There are 4 types of data centers available and they are:
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
These tiers are there on the basis of extent of availability:
- In case of Tier I data centers, the extent of availability is 99.671 per cent.
- In case of Tier II data centers, the extent of availability is 99.741 per cent.
- In case of Tier III data centers, the extent of availability is 99.982 per cent.
- In case of Tier IV data centers, the extent of availability is 99.995 per cent.
If we look at the downtime extent of services we will find that these aspects also vary significantly.
- Downtime of Tier I data centers over a year’s time is around 28.8 hours
- Downtime of Tier II data centers over a year’s time is around 22.7 hours
- Downtime of Tier III data centers over a year’s time is around 1.6 hours
- Downtime of Tier IV data centers over a year’s time is around 0.4 hours
This aspect will give you a clear picture why you should choose the best data center in India for cutting downtime.