When most businesses start, they have plenty of important expenses they need to meet. It is then that they go for shared hosting for their sites since that is the cheapest option out there. Once the business outgrows shared hosting, the logical next leap is VPS or Virtual Private Server hosting. It is the ideal middle ground between shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
VPS hosting gives all the benefits of a dedicated server but at a fraction of its cost. What happens is that the web host divides or configures the server into various private servers or accounts. Each of these accounts has an allocated share of the server’s resources and can tack on additional resources when required.
A VPS account offers the user complete root access and the ability to configure the server just like an actual server. Many entrepreneurs prefer to use Linux as the operating system or platform for their business. This is because of the many benefits that Linux offers, such as mutability, affordability, and security.
So what exactly is it that Linux VPS Hosting offers to businesses:
- The server resources are guaranteed to the user. Unlike in the cases of reseller hosting or shared hosting, this type of hosting ensures that your account stays unaffected by other users of the same server.
- Linux runs seamlessly for the end-users. Since it has a community based support, it keeps updating continuously and there is constant improvement and hole-patching happening within the system.
- It is a free, open source platform. And that is a major reason why linux vps hosting services, such as Go4hosting, are so affordable for the clients.
- A vast range of applications such as Joomla, WordPress, etc. can easily run on Linux. Thus, not only does the end user not have to pay the initial licensing costs, they can use all the open source apps with it. So, this is a cost-effective option in the long run too.
- Linux offers versatility. This makes a very appealing option for both small and big businesses. It is also scalable, which means that the end user can conserve disk space by just retaining the programs that they need and remove the others.
- Stability is another benefit that Linux servers offer. They can handle huge volumes of applications and offer great uptime. Scripting languages and databases, such as PERL Script, MySQL, etc., that are used to boost accessibility and speed are fully supported by Linux.
- Linux servers are secure servers. While it is too that no server can remain 100% protected from malicious attacks, most Linux users say that these servers are amply safe and secure.
The user gets a control panel they can interact with and can control all the aspects of server management, including changing server configuration. Basically, they get all the features that a dedicated hosting service would give them, albeit at a much lower cost. So, this is a superb option for users that are still moving towards managing their own server and want an upgrade from shared hosting.